PRODUCTS & SERVICES
SHARE DRAFT ACCOUNTS
Share draft accounts at USDA Credit Union offer you a checking account with no monthly service charges and no minimum balance. We keep it simple and save you money! Below is a list of some of our services:
- No transaction fees if fewer than 50 checks clear per month.
- Overdraft Loan Protection or Overdraft Transfer from Savings available
- Monthly electronic statements are available.
- Direct deposit is available from most employers.
- Debit Cards are available with no monthly fee if you sign up for e-statements.
- ATM transactions are free for the first seven uses in one month.
- Look for the Privileged Status symbol for surcharge free ATM locations.
USDA Credit Union is insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Your shares are insured up to at least $250,000.
We offer a variety of savings options, including:
- Share Savings Accounts
- Bonus Accounts
- Share Certificates
- Christmas Club Accounts
- Vacation Club Accounts
- Social Club Accounts
Share Savings Accounts: We have a basic savings account that requires a minimum $5, and you'll earn an annual percentage yield on your balances $100 and over. This basic savings account makes you an owner/member of the credit union.
Bonus Accounts: This account is for investors who want high earnings but need more flexibility than a share certificate offers. It takes $5,000 to start a bonus account, and you'll earn an annual percentage yield on your balance. Money can be taken out as often as you like, but you must maintain a $5,000 minimum balance to earn the APY.
Share Certificates: For larger investments, we offer share certificates. Dividends are compounded quarterly. If you're looking for a secure investment at a competitive rate, a share certificate may be the best option for you.
Christmas Club/Vacation Club Accounts: Our Christmas Club and/or Vacation Club accounts are designed to help you save for the holidays, vacation, or for any special occasion, and you'll earn dividends on your balances $100 and over.
Social Club Accounts: Our Social Club accounts are designed to help your club association save for a special occasion, and you'll earn dividends on your balances $100 and over.
USDA Credit Union offers many loan types. Download a loan application .
- New and Used Auto Loans - We offer new and used auto loans with low rates, quick service, and easy terms. Before car shopping, see us for a pre-approval. We can help you with book values, financing options, and vehicle pricing. Visit www.nada.com for vehicle values.
- Recreational Vehicle & Boat Loans – Get pre-approved and be able to purchase that special RV or boat on the spot at the dealership or RV and Boat Shows.
- Home Equity - There's a lot you can do with the equity in your home: consolidate bills, make home improvements, finance education expenses, vacations, taxes and more.
- Share Secured Loans - 100% share secured loans are offered at a lower interest rate than other loan types. Borrow against the money in your share account or a certificate at a fixed rate. The savings or certificate deposit remains intact and continues to earn dividends.
- Personal Line of Credit Loans - Whatever the reason, when you need money, the Credit Union can help you with a personal loan. You may be eligible for credit with no collateral required. Affordable terms, reasonable rates, and payroll deduction are available with these and all of our loans.
- Small Business Loans - We offer small business loans through a partnership with Community Business Lenders, a credit union service organization. We can help you with a variety of borrowing needs for your small business. Contact our loan officer or visit www.cblenders.com for more information.
- MasterCard ® Credit Card - MasterCard is accepted at millions of locations around the world, and you can receive cash conveniences at thousands of financial institutions worldwide.
CREDIT CARDS ARE NOW ONLINE!
Enroll your USDA CREDIT UNION MASTERCARD® CREDIT CARD and you will be able to:
View statements, view current history, make a payment, contact us, and much more.
New account special 6.99% APR NON-VARIABLE RATE for all new credit card accounts opened from January 1, 2013 through March 1, 2013 on all transactions (cash advance, purchases and balance transfers) posted by April 30, 2013. You will have until October 2013 statement to payback the low interest rate balance, after that time the promotional balance will convert to the standard 9.50% APR rate and NEVER increase. That’s right; all USDA Credit Union MasterCard Credit Cards are 9.50% APR Non-variable rate.
To apply for a USDA MasterCard Credit Card go to; CREDIT CARD APPLICATION or call the office at (515)243-0480 or toll free 800-584-7010 or email us at email@example.com.
You can now register with MasterCard® SecureCode™ to create a password that protects you when buying online. Registration is free and it ensures that only you will be able to use your USDA Credit Union card for online purchases. MasterCard SecureCode™ is a security program that helps prevent unauthorized use of your MasterCard at participating online merchants.
While shopping online, with a merchant that offers MasterCard SecureCode™, you will be asked for this password prior to check out which helps ensure that only you are able to use your card to make purchases online. If you choose not to register, you will not be able to make the purchase.
Direct Deposit Members can have their paycheck deposited directly into their share draft account, and can use payroll deductions for deposits into savings accounts or for payment on loan accounts.
Money Orders are available for a small fee
Funds can be wired to or from most locations in the U.S.
When sending a wire we must have proper wire instructions and your request must be signed. Go to the following WIRE INSTRUCTIONS link to download our form and fax it back to USDA Credit Union 515-243-4180. Wire forms must be received and processed no later than 12:00 pm in order to be sent the same day. We cannot guarantee the time or date of arrival for a wire once it has left our office. The cost to send a wire is $15.00. If a wire is rejected for incorrect information the charge is not refunded.
When receiving a wire to your account at USDA Credit Union you will need to provide the following information to the originating institution in order to receive proper credit:
RECEIVER: ROUTING #242272227
NCB, FSB; 139 SOUTH HIGH STREET, HILLSBORO, OH 45133
BENEFICIARY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION: ROUTING #830149721
USDA CREDIT UNION, 210 WALNUT ROOM 927, DES MOINES, IOWA 50309
BENEFICIARY: ACCOUNT NUMBER NAME ADDRESS CITY STATE ZIP
There is no charge for incoming wires. We cannot guarantee when a wire will be received.
The USDA Credit Union offers free notary service to our members in good standing.
N.A.D.A. OFFICIAL USED CAR GUIDE
The USDA Credit Union offers free book values on used passenger cars and light-duty trucks. For information call our office at (515) 243-0480 or toll-free 1-800-584-7010, or go to the following link
NADA APPRAISAL GUIDE INFORMATION.
IDENTITY THEFT SERVICES
Identity Theft involves the unauthorized use of someone's identity information. For helpful tips on preventing identity theft please visit the following link from the Federal Trade Commission IDENTITY THE FT SERVICES
ACCESS TO CREDIT REPORTS
You are eligible for one free credit report, once every 12 months for each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. It is entirely your choice whether you order all three credit reports at the same time or order one now and others later. Consumers can visit www.annualcreditreport.com , call 1-877-322-8228 or mail request to Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.